Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Off subject
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st May 2016, 11:49 PM

Went today, excellent show with good weather all day but for a few spots of rain at about 4pm. A few less trade stands than last year maybe but lots to see. There seems some real confusion over the Mev, RTR, Brian, Rocket with all sorts of conflicting stories about who has rights or otherwise, personally not happy about RTR going into voluntary liquidation and immediately starting up again with the same car called Rocket 2 leaving unpaid creditors. Pity as it was the car my friend was wishing to build.
Nice to see some of the old favorites there and a generally good atmosphere and gosh, what a stunningly attractive young lady they had handing leaflets out on the Ultima stand - I definitely want one but am not sure if I meant the car .... oops! bit of a giveaway there ;-)
Old 2nd May 2016, 07:14 PM

I also attended yesterday and had great time, the only disapointment I had was that CBS only had a token stand, don't get me wrong still an excellent service but they didn't have the usual selection and everything has to be ordered and then delivered, but free of charge. I can understand that the cost of pitches and accomodation for those manning the stands is steadily always rising as well as fuel costs they all have to tally up. but all in all a very good day.