Dan Dare is easily the most famous British comic hero. His adventures appeared in the original Eagle magazine during the 1950s and 1960s, but he also featured briefly in 2000AD before returning in the re-launched Eagle of the 1980s.
The innovative Haynes Dan Dare Space Fleet Operations Manual takes a detailed look inside the spaceships, space stations and various other craft that played such a huge part in bringing the excitement of space travel to the stories. Beautifully illustrated with cutaway artwork by Graham Bleathman, and supported by fabulous contemporary comic-strip art, this is the ultimate technical guide to the spaceships of Dan Dare and a wonderful addition to every comic fan's bookshelf.
The SPACE FLEET OPERATIONS MANUAL features:
- A personal introduction by the Controller of Space Fleet, Dan Dare.
- A history of spaceflight, propulsion systems and our first steps to the Moon and Mars.
- Fully detailed and comprehensively annotated cutaway drawings of the principal ISF spaceships, space stations and installations, along with many of the alien craft that Space Fleet has encountered to date, by renowned cutaway artist Graham Bleathman.
- Profiles of ISF personnel, and the aliens they have faced over the years.
- Space Fleet history: a guide to ISF’s missions and Dan Dare’s adventures.
Based on the classic Dan Dare comic strip that appeared in Eagle magazine during the 1950s and 1960s, this Haynes Manual is fully authorised by the Dan Dare Corporation Limited.